Wednesday, September 26, 2012

San Francisco Photo Highlights

I just got back from an absolutely lovely trip to San Francisco with my aunt, her friend and my cousin. We had so much fun! But mannnn let me tell you how tired I am today...it is ridiculous. I am not ready for the real world, yet here I am!

As you may remember, my aunt and her friend were in San Fran for the Photographic Society of America's annual meeting (if you like photography, I highly recommend joining--I am a proud member!) My cousin and I flew out on Saturday to meet them so we could do additional fun and photo-filled activities that the two could not participate in during the conference.

On Saturday I got to see my college roommate for the first time since we graduated (I know, we're awful friends, but she moved to the West Coast and I moved to NYC and this was the first time we could see each other!) I also got to meet her boyfriend, who I've been dying to meet since they started dating so I could quiz him and make sure he was good enough for her -- don't tell him, but he passed.

Sunday was my responsibility; I got to plan the entire day for the four of us. We walked from our hotel in Union Square to Chinatown for the Autumn Moon Festival, then went to North Beach for lunch and trekked to Fisherman's Wharf to take a ferry to Tiburon. We returned in the late afternoon and went to dinner at a delightful restaurant in Union Square.

Monday we took QUITE a car trip across what felt like half the state (it wasn't) and to the end of the world (or at least it seemed like it). We took photos of the Golden Gate Bridge, went to Muir Woods to see the redwoods, saw an abandoned shipwreck and trekked down the equivalent to reach a lighthouse on literally the very tip of the Earth.

Below are photo highlights of some of these events...later this week I will post the many many  food pictures I took (the benefit of traveling with photographers is they don't think its weird that I want to take pictures of their food!)


Autumn Moon Festival in Chinatown


Ferry pier at Fisherman's Wharf


Marina at Pier 39


an airborne sea lion jumping the floating docks at Pier 39


Forbes Island (with Alcatraz in the background)


Tiburon (where I got an absolutely gorgeous print for my apartment!)


The Golden Gate Bridge


The San Fran cityscape


the massive redwoods in Muir Woods


the SS Point Reyes shipwreck 


lighthouse at the end of the earth...with a few hundred foot drop to the sea


the 300+ steps down the lighthouse, which is so far down it is completely covered in fog

No comments:

Post a Comment