Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Meal Planning


Holy food coma Batman! I've officially returned to the city (thanks Mother Nature for letting the heat wave break before I came back!) after almost a full week at my aunt's house down the shore. I headed down on Tuesday after work with my brother, his gf and one of his friends and trekked back late last night so I could run errands and what not. But mainly, I came home so I could recuperate from the food coma that a full week with my lovely family caused.

My family absolutely loves that I've taken over cooking...and I have to be honest, I love it too. Sometimes it gets a little stressful since I'll be planning a meal for five people and then suddenly my cousins bring 2 or 3 friends, but isn't that part of the fun? I may only be 24, but I feel like I'm getting experience for my future family already!

Anyway, what this means for all of you is that, like the week after Memorial Day, there are TONS of new recipes coming your way. And, more excitingly for me (and hopefully you), my wonderful mother will be guest blogging! Even more exciting (for you) is that...my mum's FAMOUS chili recipe is what she will be blogging about! I'm already stalking her because I'm dying to see what she's going to write about. I have a feeling she will put my blogging to shame...perhaps this needs to be a frequent thing? I'd love the feedback once I do post her blog--she might become famous before me!


On to the real topic of this post--Sunday Meal Planning. As I said, I'm already in a food coma from the past week so I need a detox week. Maybe I can drop those 10 lbs. I gained (just kidding...it was only nine...ok maybe 12. It depends which scale you asked! Sheesh, get off my back gurlllsssss!)


Sunday: soy-orange glazed salmon with roasted asparagus


Monday: bacon and apple clams


Tuesday: mushroom ravioli with sage-butter sauce


Wednesday: grapefruit, avocado and crab salad


Thursday: southwestern stuffed eggplan


Heading down the shore again this weekend! Hopefully heading down on Friday...if not, I see sushi in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment