Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Meal Planning



So this weekend I successfully cemented my place as a klutz. I've always been clumsy. Not one of those constantly-falling-over clumsy people, but more along the lines of bumping-into-things-and-bouncing-off-and-two-days-later-wondering-where-that-massive-bruise-came-from? people. This weekend I took it to all new heights, however, by spraining my ankle by slipping in wet grass. I kid you not. I was doing little besides walking then suddenly...wipe out. I now have a lovely ankle brace on, need to wear sneakers (with my work clothes starting tomorrow, which is never a good look) and have a purplish-black bruise running the length of my instep. 


Man, am I cute!


The reason I'm sharing this is that it causes a bit of a conundrum with cooking. Well, not really cooking--shopping. Living in NYC, I walk...everywhere. Including to the grocery store. Now, however, I'm not exactly balanced (which is an understatement if ever I heard one, since clearly my balance isn't great ever or I wouldn't be so clumsy!) and carrying a massive bag of groceries home is pretty daunting. 


Do I order takeout every night? Make frequent food store trips on my way home? 


I've decided...to do a bit of both. Since I just injured myself yesterday, the idea of going to ANY food store (or even walking 2 blocks out of my way to get there) sounds absolutely awful. Later this week though, I need to grow some cojones and just do it. Wish me luck!


Monday: take out (sushi, obvs)


Tuesday: salmon with sweet corn puree


Wednesday: dinner with one of my girl friends for restaurant week!


Thursday: rum and apricot/peach pork (depending on what I get from my CSA)

Friday:
I'm heading home right after work  to dog sit my munchkin!  Which translates to me grabbing something on my way to the train. But it's worth it for a full weekend of just me and the bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment