Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Meal Planning



After last week's meat-a-palooza, I need a break. Not just from meat itself, although I'm sure that amount of dead animal can't be good for anyone even if I did eat different kinds of animals each day, but from the whole process of cooking meat. And relying on meat. I mean, I haven't even uploaded a post of my wonderful CSA because I'm too busy posting recipes for steak this and veal that and chicken whatever. And MAN was that a lot of cooking!


So it's time to get back to my pescetarian/vegetarian roots for a little. But it's also time for me to share the meals I make when I realllly don't feel like cooking. Which means...a new type of blog post! I haven't determined the name (damn Sandra Lee for copyrighting "semi-homemade") but they will focus on meals I make when I don't have the time, the energy, the want or any combination of the three. I'll explain more in my first post; this my friends, is what we in the biz (what biz? does anyone call their career a biz?) call a teaser.


Sunday: bangin' good shrimp, based on this recipe by SkinnyTaste


Monday: steak with snow peas


Tuesday: stuffed veal cutlet


Wednesday: dinner here with one of my favorite people


Thursday: gyoza dumplings with dipping sauce


Friday: salmon with apple and kohlrabi slaw (what is kohlrabi you ask? well good, you have the exact same question I did when I got it from my CSA)


Also, look forward to recipe posts this week like my dad's birthday/Father's Day bolognese with fresh pasta and a BLAT sandwich. Hope everyone has a fab week!

No comments:

Post a Comment