Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 3 CSA

Another week, another pick up from my Roxbury Farm CSA! I so look forward to Thursday's because I get a fresh batch of veggies. Thus far, I've yet to use them all by myself, but when I head to the shore on weekends I bring any I haven't used/don't think I'll use the next week so that they don't go to waste. I still haven't figured out what in the world to do with all the turnips I have, so suggestions are welcome! Email them to me at seasaltnpepa@gmail.com.


This week's goodies:

  • Turnips
  • 2 zucchini
  • 2 cucumbers
  • 1 head green cabbage
  • 1 head red leaf lettuce
  • Salad mix
  • Kale
  • Snow peas
  • Scallions
  • Purple basil
  • Parsley
  • Cilantro
On top of the turnips, I'm not entirely sure what to do with all of those scallions. I also dislike that they're called scallions...stop being all stuck up, you're green onions! Sheesh. I've been making sauteed kale the way I used to do spinach and it has really been growing on me. If you like spinach, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment