Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week 2 CSA

Last week was the second pick-up for my Roxbury Farm CSA. We're still on just veggies (fruit starts in July) and man do we have some good ones! This is the first full week for the CSA--last week was a bonus since spring came so early--and I was overwhelmed by how much I get! It takes me two reusable bags to carry everything home.


This week's goodies:

  • Turnips
  • Kohlrabi (to be used in a kohlrabi and apple slaw)
  • Kale
  • Broccoli rabe
  • Nappa cabbage
  • Head of lettuce
  • One summer squash
  • Two zucchinis
  • Broccoli
  • Garlic scapes (!!!)
  • Snap peas
  • Salad mix
  • Cilantro

I think my problem is going to be EATING all of this! Thus far I've really liked the CSA because it forces me to eat outside my comfort zone...no more broccoli and asparagus every single day

No comments:

Post a Comment